Theory of Knowledge
Professor: P.D. Magnus
Course readings include:
- selections from Matthias Steup and John Turri (eds.) Contemporary Debates in Epistemology, 2nd edition
- selections from Miranda Fricker, Epistemic Injustice
- Ned Markosian, Do You Know That You Are Not A Brain In A Vat?
- Eric Schwitzgebel, 1% Skepticism
- Edmund Gettier, Is Justified True Belief Knowledge?
- Linda Zagzebski, The Inescapability Of Gettier Problems
- James Justus, Carnap on concept determination
- Philip Kitcher, The Division of Cognitive Labor
Some readings which were on the syllabus but which we didn't get to due to time constraints:
- Dana Nelkin, The Lottery Paradox, Knowledge, and Rationality
- Blake Myers-Schulz and Eric Schwitzgebel, Knowing That P without Believing That P
- Remco Heesen, Why The Reward Structure Of Science Makes Reproducibility Problems Inevitable